“In the end just three things matter:
How well we have lived. How well we have loved. How well we have learned to let go.”
- Jack Kornfield
March 8, 2018
Counseling At-Risk Children and Adolescents
Deena Shelton &
4 hrs CE
Join Online !
An Organization for
in East Texas
The Piney Woods Counseling Association is an organization of Licensed Professional Counselors, professional school counselors, and other mental health professionals in the East Texas area. We provide support and education to counselors, as well as advocating for the value of mental health services in schools, agencies, and private practice settings.
PWCA is a regional chapter of the Texas Counseling Association and members are encouraged, but not required, to join and participate in TCA. Anyone working or interested in the mental health field is cordially invited to join.
- Network with other professionals concerning referrals, best practices, and employment opportunities
- Educational opportunities for maintaining and expanding professional skills
- Continuing education credits for LPC, LMFT, LCDC, LMSW/LCSW, NBCC, and school counselor certifications
- Since many of us work in settings as the only counselor, PWCA helps us feel not so alone
Meetings of the PWCA are held three (3) times a year, in the Fall, Winter, and Spring. Each meeting includes a professionally accomplished speaker, a complimentary lunch, and four (4) hours of continuing education credit. Past topics include:
- Non-Suicidal Self-Injuring Clients
- Ethics Counselors Can Use
- Attachment Disorder
- Drug Endangered Children
- Raising the Bar on Multicultural Competency
- Ethics: Deviant or Just Different
- Suicide Assessment and Intervention